Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Not a lot going on in Kansas...

I haven't had a lot to post lately, as we are still settling into our school routine. Hannah enjoys middle school, and wants to be dropped off half an hour early each morning to walk the halls with her friends. That brings back memories.
I have requested information from the local pre-school for Dawson as he is adamant that he wants to go to school, so we'll see what happens. I want him to go, but I also don't want him to go. I guess I'll just have to ask them for a desk right next to him, then I can have the best of both worlds. I don't know what scares me more, him missing me so much he cries to come home, or him not missing me at all.
We've been going to one or two auctions a weekend, and we have managed to accumulate a massive collection of glass, furniture, and odds and ends. We picked up a very nice coffee table for $2.50 last Saturday, and it makes a nice addition to our living room. We had been wanting one for quite sometime, so I was happy to pick this up for such a bargain. I also picked up 2 very nice shelves for my office. Once is a large 3 shelf wooden bookcase, and the other looks like it was a tv stand, and has doors on it. They were both also $2.50 each. You just can't beat that. We are going to an auction this Saturday in Derby, and it looks like it will be a good one too. The weather report shows that it might rain, so we might pick up some even better deals. We seem to do better when it rains, as it keeps people home, so we don't have as much competition. I can't really think of anything that we need now, but I'm sure I'll see something that just has to come home.
I am still trying to photograph our very elusive hummingbirds. We have a brown one and a green one in our flower garden, but by the time I see them, make a dash for my camera, and return to take their photo, they are nowhere to be seen. I thought I was just imagining them, but the mom of one of Hannah's friends dropped Hannah off here at the house the other day, and she saw one of them dining on my red Cannas. Then yesterday, she saw it again in the same place. When I returned home from dropping Hannah off at cheerleading practice yesterday evening, I saw the brown one near the Cannas, but it flew away before I had a chance to photograph it. I will have photos to post soon because I am not giving up!!
Let's see... Oh, Hannah is having some knee problems, so I am taking her to the doctor. She started having problems with her knee during cheerleading last year, but the problem went away when cheerleading ended, and didn't bother her again until this week. Her knee was twice the size of the other one, and very stiff and sore, so we're going to find out what's going on. It never bothered her when she played softball this year, so I'm sure it has something to do with the range of motion used in the cheers. But we'll see. :)

No comments: