Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Combatting Auction Boredom

On Sunday afternoon, we went to an auction in El Dorado. The sales bill showed several things we were interested in, so we anticipated a good day. I collect different types of cut glass, mostly milk glass and clear glass depression pieces, and there were several of these pieces at the auction. The problem was, the collectors with unlimited funds were out in full force, so I did not purchase one piece. They were bidding individual pieces of glass up to $40 and $50 per piece. Many of these pieces won't even sell for half of that in today's market, but I guess a true collector isn't concerned with money. I purchase glass to use in my business, and I keep some of the pieces to either use in the kitchen, or collect if it's nice. I also have several flats that I plan on reselling, as we picked up the flats of 6 or 7 pieces for $1.00 each, and each piece will sell for $10.00 - $30.00 a piece. Not a windfall, but nice none the less.
The kids were pretty bored, so they went to visit the horses that were on the property. They had fun feeding them grass, and petting them. Dawson was a little apprehensive at first, because he was afraid the horsey was going to eat him, but Hannah helped him, and he warmed up to the idea.

I took these photos with my new camera phone, and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the quality. They are large enough to do something with, and they are not grainy, like the last 2 camera phones I have had. I don't always have my digital camera handy, so it's nice to know I have a cell phone camera I can rely on.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They can come pet our neighbor's horses when you guys come over! Autumn and Scarlett are so docile and just big old sweetie's.