Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween, a Few Days Late

This year, Dawson decided he wanted to be a pirate. So, I checked Wal-Mart for a costume, and decided very quickly that I wasn't going to pay $20.00 for a costume, so I set out to make it myself. I bought a pirate package for $5.00 that included the eye patch, bandanna, false teeth, and earring, and I used the make-up we had leftover from last year. The hook and bucket came from an auction, and the sash was 2 yards of ribbon I bought for $0.49 each. I made him a sword out of cardboard, and wrapped it in foil, and the wooden sword was made by Pop Pop for Dave when he was little. The black t-shirt was on clearance for $3.00, and the blue pants are just a pair of sweats he wears. Put it all together, and you have an instant pirate costume.
Hannah was grounded from trick or treating this year because of her grades, so she had to sit at my dad's house and pass out candy while we were gone. I don't think she minded too much though; she's too cool for trick or treating now.
Dawson filled up his bucket twice while we were out, and had a blast. It took us about 4 houses for him to remember to say "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You" but once he did, there was no stopping him.

1 comment:

vidaydignidad said...

Your blog is beautifull.