Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Little Man on Campus


Well, today was the big day. Dawson started preschool, and he has been excited about it for weeks. He was up at 9am this morning, dressed, and ready to walk out the door. The only problem was, it is very cool here today, and he was in shorts, and school didn't start until 12:30. So, we spent the next 3 hours counting down the time, and listening to a lot of "I can't wait".

Once we arrived at the school, I snapped a few photos of the mementos occasion, and took him in to find his coat hook, and his cubby. We then had to wait about 10 minutes for the teacher to open the room, and during that 10 minutes, his shyness kicked in again. He wouldn't let go of my hand, and was glued to my side. When it was finally time to go in, I had to push him in, find the necklace with his name on it, and tell him several times to go sit in the circle. I backed out of the room, and he was looking all over the place for me. The teacher finally got him to sit down, and Dave and I left. I'm not sure if it was harder on me or him.

















































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not even going to ask if you cried.
Kindergarten is right around the corner...